U3A Kyneton is an affiliated member of the U3A Network-Victoria which aims to promote a continuing lifetime of learning and well-being. We are ideally suited to those who are retired or not in full time employment.
U3A Kyneton is based in the Shire of Macedon Ranges (MRSC) and it encompasses the towns of Malmsbury, Woodend, Carlsruhe,Tylden and Kyneton. It was formed in August 2005 and our activities have been built upon the foundations of regular weekly meetings and monthly group activities.
Our members provide courses in music, poetry, bird observing, current affairs, computer studies, language and Tai Chi to name but a few of the total of 16 courses on offer, plus we provide the administrative support, promotion and marketing of the group. These activities have been assisted, in part, with Victorian Government grants via the U3A Network Victoria.
What is U3A About?
See our latest annual report to see what we have done. 2017 Annual Report
Principles of U3A
- To provide affordable learning opportunities for older people, using the skills and abilities of the members themselves.
- Those who learn shall teach and those who teach shall learn, and there shall be no distinction between the two.
- There shall be no qualifications for membership, and no awards, degrees or diplomas shall be given.
- The emphasis shall be on learning for the love of it, and shall include an emphasis on the values of making things and improving skills of all kinds.
- Learning shall take place in a friendly, supportive, social environment.
- Those joining a U3A shall pay for its upkeep.
- There shall be no payment to any person (member or non-member) for teaching or providing a service to members except in the case of reimbursement for such expenses as travel, photocopying etc.
- The curriculum of a U3A shall be determined by the needs/preferences of members and according to the resources available to it.
- To be at all times, non-political and non-sectarian in our approach.